From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 2010 16:41:31 -0700
Sony Vaio Z keeps having video failures. This is one of the new i5 Z models
running 64-bit Windows 7, and includes an Nvidia video card. Intermittently,
there is a video failure where Windows reports "A problem with your video
hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly." This has happened
several times while using Word 2007, and a couple of times while browsing
with IE8.

There are updated video drivers available from Nvidia, but Sony says NOT to
install them because they have not yet been certified by Sony. My question
to the list is to help determine it this is a video driver problem or if the
video card hardware is at fault. Has anyone else have such expereince? I am
of a mind to go ahead with the updated drivers, but that might void support
from Sony. The video drivers that Sony supports have already been cleanly
re-installed with no help.

Thank you,

Peter Shkabara