From:
Rick Thornton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 02:19:35 -0500
Our seniors computer club has 7 machines (6xceleron 733 and 1xP111 450) networked through a switch. One machine runs winxp home and is the "master for ICS". The rest run win98se. All was well until last week.  We reformatted all the machines and reinstalled everything.  Now two machines (win98se) will not browse the network.  We have checked that the win98 installation installed the necessary files and protocols and that the cables are indeed connected at both ends. Could this be a problem with the network cards in the two machines? I also notice that we get a network logon screen on some but not on these two. Any advice or suggestions appreciated.

Regards
Rick Thornton

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml