From:
Derek S Buchanan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:11:41 -0500
Bill,
        I found this on Compaq's website.  QuickRestore Utility (provides the
ability to restoresoftware pre-installed on PresarioPCs) 1-800-841-2761.
I have ordered CDs from them before and THEY WILL ask for the serial
number, so have it ready.  Here is the URL fo where I found this number:
http://www5.compaq.com/corporate/overview/s_s_and_train.html

        I could not find the driver on Compaq's site, but I did find some other
stuff like video and audio.  Here is the link to that:
http://web14.compaq.com/falco/sp_list.asp?action=drivers&model_number=220
0&cat=Desktop .  As for other altenatives, I would point you to
driverguide.com.  They post what others have found under drivers search.
You can also download some files from the page.  Since I don't remember
what modem was shipping in those computers I can't be of much help.  You
really need the name that windows detects it as for that post to be
helpful.  If you run into a brick wall there, then windrivers.com is my
handy back-up.  (By the way, the login for driverguide if you don't want
to register as a member is drivers/all.)

Hope this helps,
Derek

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001 23:42:51 -0500 daryl crawford <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> Bill:go to compaq.com they have drivers and you can order the Quick
> Restore
> disk there.
> <<<< Bill Havard asked I am in need of modem drivers for the Compaq
> Presario
> 2200
> desktop computer.
> It is an integrated modem - built-in. The computer is running
> Win95. An
> attempt to correct a kernel problem caused to driver to
> disappear. I do not
> have the restore CD. Could anyone help?
> Thanks.>>>>>
>
>             Do you want to signoff PCBUILD or just change to
>                     Digest mode - visit our web site:
>                    http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.