From:
Mike Buraczewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 23:00:21 -0600
Hello to all

Can anyone give me any feedback on either the Archtek SmartLink 56k modem or
the vendor named Microtek.

I recently started using Microtek (La Puentes, Ca) as a vendor, and their
prices are good, however they appear to be buying material in bulk and
sending out equipment in other than retail boxes.  In this case, I purchased
a SmartLink Modem (which they assure me is manufactured by Archtek).
However, the retail box is very pretty, nice advertising etc, but nowhere
does it indicate who the manufacturer is, including inside the shrink
wrapped user manual.  Needless to say, I am suspicious.

Assuming it is a SmartLink Modem, any feedback on performance and
reliabilty?

Mike Buraczewski