From:
Raymond Hornung <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 06:45:43 +0200
Jim,

I agree with most of the list about avoiding buying a case unseen from Ebay
or other auction houses. The costs for returns makes them a poor deal.

I've bought three from Ebay, two "new ones" and one used one. The used one
was undoubtedly the best:  a Chieftan case with an Antec 350W power supply.
I had seen and touched one before and knew what I was getting.

The other two were each no-names from two different manufacturers and sold
by different vendors.  The first had sharp edges and a loud power supply.  I
spilled a bit of blood building this one.  The cost of mailing it back would
have been mine, as would a 20% restocking fee since it was "undefective"
according to the vendor.

The third, a recent regress of my common sense, still is sold on Ebay, with
and without power supplies.  It has vent holes all over the place to add
fans, like 13 of them!  I thought  my overclocking habit may be better
handled with more fans.  Well it arrived, two weeks ago, and once more I'm
disappointed.  The side panels aren't quite fitted, two of the holes punched
in the back of the case to mount the side panels are too big for regular
screws.  Again mailing and restocking are my problem.

Bottom line, with buying a case: touch it, feel inside it, make sure it is a
product you will enjoy working on not endure painfully.

Ray