From:
m_sayer_ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 11:05:31 -0000
I posted about this a few days ago, and I said that the problem seemed to be pointing to the ram. (another member had sent me a beep code list with a beep that I had overlooked.)
I have now tried 128mb low density ram, and it still has made no difference, just a constant, never ending beep when I turn the power on, and the cpu fan starts, runs for about a second, then stops running.
The power supply fan continues to run.
It's the same whether the video card is inserted or not.
I have nothing else connected whatsoever.
I have replaced the power supply with same results.
Any more ideas out there?
This is a new m/b which has been sitting in the box for some time now and never been used, bought new at the time, and now out of warranty.
Thanks in advance.
Michele Sayer

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com