From:
Ron Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Aug 2009 07:23:28 -0500
Joyce,
This is normal when switching from a "normal" monitor to a "widescreen"
monitor.  I'm assuming you are running either Windows XP or Vista.  Do a
single right-click on a blank area of  your desktop and then select
properties from the pop-up menu.  You will need to change the screen
resolution from what it is today (1024x768 or 1280x1024?) to a wide screen
resolution.  Your new monitor should have information about that the "native
resolution" is.  You're picture will be the best if you select that size.
If your computer doesn't allow you to set the resolution to the monitor's
native resolution then your best option is to try different settings until
you find the one you prefer.

Just in case you have problems getting in to the properties menu as I have
described, you can go to Start, Control Panel and Display to get to the same
point.

Ron Jobe

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 7:51 PM, Joyce A <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I have an older (three years) eMachines that I bought as a package deal:
>  monitor, processor, and printer.  The old monitor failed to turn on this
> morning, so I bought a new 18.5" widescreen flat panel monitor and just
> hooked it up a little while ago.  Now everything, including pictures and my
> "wallpaper" is distorted, stretched out horizontally, and I can't get things
> to square up properly.   I hate that!  Surely there is some way to put
> things back into proportion with this thing?  Help?  TIA!
>
> Joyce in SE Ohio
>
>             The NOSPIN Group is now offering Free PC Tech
>                    support at our newest website:
>                         http://freepctech.com

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads