From:
Fran Bott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 07:48:41 -0500
Normally when I see this, the system battery needs to be replaced. There are
some MB that will not operate without a good system battery.
Some of the pentium boards use the flat round watchlike battery that will be
easily recougnised when looking at the motherboard. The number for this
battery is 2032.
The next type it could be is the Dallas style battery, usually found found
near the edge along the top or left edge (notice I said usually). It is
black and rectangular, approx. 1" by 1/2". Sometimes it has the words DALLAS
written on it. This one will have to be carefully lifted (pried) up to
remove. Some electonics shops may still have these.
The oldest type is a Barrel battery. If this is the one you have, it can be
replaced. Usually beside the battery there will be 4 pins (a connector of
sorts). you can go to radio shack and get a battery holder for either AA or
AAA that has 2 wires coming off of it and a connector that will slip over
the pins located beside the barrel battery. If I remember correctly, the
holder should house 2 AA or AAA batteries.

Hope this helps,

Fran