From:
Tim Lider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jun 1998 08:48:12 -0700
Hello Steve Face, at 09:58 PM 6/26/98 -0600 you wrote:

>I have been running a Cardex Genesis SV 3D video card with 4 MB Ram under
>Windows 95, now just upgraded to Windows 98. The O/S is fine, no problems
>reported, all drivers installed properly. I have the latest video driver
>set from the manufacturer.

  Here's an idea.  Does Windows 98 have drivers for the video card? If so
use those, there could be an incompatibility issue in Win98.

>Sometimes I get vertical, brown smudgy streaks that appear on some
>application windows, like Word, Excel, Explorer, Eudora. Text is also not
>clear. The more I move the mouse around, the more streaks I get. It is as
>though the window is not refreshing. The mouse is a Kensington serial, but
>the effect appeared with my older Logitech mouse as well.
>I do not have this problem with games that run DirectX.

  Because the DirectX works, the IRQ's seem to be in order.

>Should I replace the video card, or I am overlooking something?

   I would suggest you get either a ATI or Matrox Based card. This depends
on how much money you are willing to foot in for your computer.

Good luck,

Tim Lider
Advanced Data Solutions              ICQ: 7562541
Web Site: http://www.adv-data.com E-Mail: Mailto:[log in to unmask]