Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 21:26:20 -0600
Hi,

I hope someone can help me here.  I've read others mention the 'blue screen
of death' and am wondering if this is the same blue screen I get from time
to time.  It usually occurs when Internet Explorer 4.01 is searching for a
site and gets timed out.  But, it happens at other times for no reason that
I know of.

In this error message there is a note of VxD. My motherboard is a Rhino VX.
 Just wondering if there is a connection.  0E is 'Zero E'...not 'oh E'.

System:
Win95
AMD k5 166 Processor
Rhino Vx Motherboard
S3 Virge 4mg Video Card
Panasonic 24x CD-Rom
5.1 gig hard drive
412 mg hard drive
Syquest 1.5 zip drive
Mustek Scanner
Awe64 Sound card
SVGA monitor

Well, here's that error message:

__________________________________
                WINDOWS

An exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C1069CBC in VxD
VNBT(01) + 00010130.
This was called from 0028:C10225D8 in VxD PPPMAC(01) +
00004570.  It may be possible to continue normally.

*Press any key to attmept to continue
*Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart the computer.
 You will lose any unsaved information in all
 applications.

              Press any key to continue

When I press any key, I can sometimes get back to my desktop.  At other
times the computer locks up and I have to do a cold boot.  If I am able to
get back to my desktop, the following occurs:

Net programs look like they are up and running with no problem as far as I
know.  My net connection shows I'm connected. But, my mail reader will not
connect and times out.  Netscape and other programs won't make connections,
etc.  It's as if when I get this screen I really have no net connection
although everything continues to run as long as I don't ask for data from
the net.

Any input will be appreciated!

Sue Na