From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2001 05:43:46 -0700
You need to go to device manager (right click the my computer icon and
choose properties, then click on the device manager tab when it appears.
Double click "display adapters" to see what you have installed.  Highlight
the adapter and click on properties.  It should say it is working properly.
You can update the driver from the "driver" tab, which may solve the problem
(download the latest driver from the manufacturer's web site before you do
any of this).  Just click on update driver and follow the wizard screens.

You can also remove it from device manager by clicking remove instead of
properties.  Then check add/remove programs on the control panel to see if
there is any software to remove (remove it).  Then you can shutdown/restart
to get Windows "new hardware" wizard to reinstall it (if it has not died).

You can also right click on an empty area of your desktop, choose the
settings tab, then click on advanced.  On the adapter tab that will come up,
click on change and follow the wizard screens to install the software for
your card.  If your card died none of the above will help, but you should
see that in step one while you're in device manager.  What Windows has done
is gone to using the default vga adapter in your system.  I have had that
happen to me, but usually it is because of major changes like a new
motherboard.

Subject: [PCBUILD] Monitor problems!
Something drastic has happened and I need a fix….Turned on our NLE Computer
today…and…The monitor displayed only 16 colors…I went to the control panel
and only a VGA  Adapter is found.  The icons and screen are now huge and I
cannot change any settings. I had been running the DPS Velocity with a
Blaster Annihilator video card and wonder if something went bad on it.
help!