From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 1999 22:08:12 -0400
Here is an "unusual" idea I would try...
I am assuming there are NO wires in the conduit.
      NONE!  That keeps it fairly simple...
If there ARE any wires do not read any further.
How about getting another hose, big enough for
the CAT5 (and its end, if necessary) and pull the
CAT5 through that while still outside the conduit.
You will find "fishing" this much easier with the hose
straight laying above ground in a parking lot, etc...
Then tape up the hose temporarily, and pull your
new "assembly" underground. "Yank" on the hose,
not the wire...  You will most likely need a 1/4 inch
fish tape because of the weight...
Then pull/slide through the extra wire you need...
I'd really try to run a single piece of hose for a number
of reasons, (All of which are spelled trouble...),
and keep the ends somewhere where water could
never get in... "High" and pointed down. Taped
would not hurt...
Heavy vinyl tubing would work well too, as would flexible
plastic gas "pipe", but check the prices of what you can
get easy...  I personally would not pull the CAT5
underground without some sort of protection on it.
             Rick Glazier