From:
m_sayer_ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 22:43:51 +0100
Hi, I'm not completely sure about this and I could be wrong, but I really
don't think that 32mb of memory is enough to run win2000 well.
I would personally use more ram than that, as I would think that amount
would make it slow right down.
Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions, as I'm not an expert with ram,
and often ask the list for suggestions about such things.
I had one some time ago which was working fine, but just was not capable of
accepting more ram, and I was considering trying one of those usb ram
sticks. (I've never used one, but if they work, they've got to be a good
idea, haven't they?) I never got round to it, so I don't know if it would've
worked or not. Does anyone know if that would've helped? If so, I'll
remember it for the future, as I'm a great fan of usb devices which can be
interchanged from system to system.
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have helped on start up though, just once the
system had loaded. (am I right in thinking that?)
Sorry I couldn't help more, but I try my best.
Michele Sayer

I am working on this computer for my wife's friend.
She is running Windows 2000 with a 3 gig hard drive
and 32 mb memory.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com