From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 22:13:41 -0800
Michele Sayer wrote:
> I sometimes use a small hardware testing program called TS-test to see if
> any of my hardware is failing.
> I can't seem to find it on the net at the moment to give you a link, but
> it does help to let you know whether your problem is a hardware or
> software one.

I did a search and may have found the program you mentioned. I've looked at
the site and they have an impressive package of utilities with a price tag
that isn't going to break the bank. Too much...
http://www.toolhouseusa.com/diag.ivnu

As for the question from Pam Gutierrez, there may be several reasons why the
system freezes. Not having the system in front of me it's hard to say. It
could be hardware related or software related. The CPU could be receiving
commands for time from various areas and in trying to delv out cycles gets
confussed and crashes. If we had more information about the system we may be
able to point her in the right direction. I agree with Michele that running
a diagnostic program might give a clue as to where to start. One of the
first questions I ask myself is, "what changed"? What were you doing at the
time the system stopped responding? Is it possible that the background
processes are taking up most of the physical memory? Adding to the load by
opening several web sites, word processing programs etc. may add to it too.

If Pam Gutierrez would supply us with more information I think our
collective experience would be able to assist her.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers

                     visit our download web page at: