From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 11:08:03 -0500
Go to "File and Print Sharing properties" under Control Panel, Network, and
disable Browse Master for some of your win95 PC's.  This unfortunately has
not cleared up ALL my Network Neighborhood delays, but my NT guy thinks it
is important.  Any PC that could be off  the network, say, during business
hours, should not have the auto setting for Browse Master, according to
him.

You say it is peer to peer.  Does this mean you don't have any domains
defined?  I personally have not seen any confusion where a client or server
on my LAN thought it should browse the active ISP connection looking for an
IP address that is local to my lan, but it can get cranky if the address is
in a different domain, and it is having trouble accessing the browse
master.

Tom Turak