From:
Jim Hodges <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 06:15:58 -0800
Hello
You could go into your bios and see if your system will let you boot from cd rom or you can go to www.bootdisk.com and get a boot disk. Most computers will boot from cd rom if you go into bios and change the boot order to cd rom, c,floppy.
Once you get your system to boot from cd rom you may want to copy the cab files to your drive so you dont have to put the cd in all the time.I just copy to a directory on my c drive like win98. So just go to c: and make a directory...c:\ md win98 then go to the windows cd rom(ie e:\) and change to your win98 directory (d:\win98) and type copy *.* c:\win98 then run your setup and you wont have to put your win98 cd in everytime you install hardware like a printer when it asks you to put in your cd just browse to c:\win98.
Jim Hodges
John Loc <[log in to unmask]> wrote:I've a CROM Win98 SE, and would like to install it into my computer. Previously, I had format and partition my HD using a Win95 bootdisk (Because I do not have a Win98 SE bootdisk). When I try to use Setup Win98 SE using the CDROM, I got a lot of errors. Mostly it stated that I'm missing a lot of files. Therefore I cannot install Win98 SE. I cannot name all the files here because it was too much (about 15 of them). I think maybe because I did not using a Win98 SE bootdisk, that is why I got these error messages.
I have two parts question: First is, what file(s) do I need to install any OS system? Second, do I need to reformat and re-partition my HD if the problem was Win95 bootdisk? Any help would greatly appreciate.
Sincerely your,
John Loc.

PCBUILD's List Owners:
Bob Wright