From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 13:12:19 -0800
Carol Hanson wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is any way to change XP so that, instead of
>putting things in a pull up menu when you minimize them, it just minimizes
>them separately in the tray?

Yes you can. If I understand your request correctly, you want to minimize
the screen you are viewing and have it show in the tool bar on the bottom of
the screen so you can open each minimized screen individually. One way you
can accomplish this is to opening "Control Panel" (or any folder for that
matter) and click on "Tools". On the bottom is a heading titled, "Folder
Options". In this folder there are several headings to choose from and the
one you want to change is titled, "Browser folders". Which will be under the
General Tab when you open the options folder. Changing the setting to "open
each folder in its own window" should accomplish what you want.

If you like the look and feel of the "old" Windows and would like to revert
back to the more familiar you can change to the "Windows classic folders
View" in the heading Tasks which is above in the window you opened to set
the browser folders. You can also change the Start Menu to the Windows
Classic Start Menu by clicking the Start button and then settings and go to
Task bar and start menu. Here you can choose the Classic Start Menu and it
will be the way it was in Windows 9X.

For some of my clients that were having difficulty adjusting to the new
format of XP I set things up so they would enjoy their computing experience
rather than frustration. Besides, it lessened the load on service calls.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers

  _____

Virus Database (VPS): 0544-7, 11/03/2005
Tested on: 11/3/2005 1:12:15 PM

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml