From:
Richard Hallett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 07:48:46 -0500
New Maxtor 40 G drive 6E040L0510623

Originally partitioned  into 4partitions I believe it called  mode 6  ATA
133 with the Max Blast 3 cd..  Forgotten whether as Mastor or Cable Select
my bad membory says Cable Select

I was getting ready to make a CD but remembering that I had read that the CD
write should be on the end of the cd cable I reversed the reader and writer.
I think at the same time I dislodged the end of the secondary cable driving
them slightly. I believe both cdroms were set in the original Master
position

On bootup the machine said put in the boot disk. That was the end of that.
Now the harddrive is not recognized and the bios sees it as a reference
number and un partitioned and looks for ATA 100.

I don't know really what is missing other than the machine does not
recognize the partitions.  The standard f disk boot disk says there are no
partitions unless they were put in there by some other program.

I am still chasing to see what is available on the Maxblast 3 cd.

Suggestions??.

Thankyou

Richard Hallett Pittsfield ME

                         PCBUILD's List Owners: