From:
Sue Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 03:16:34 -0500
I'm not sure what you mean regarding the print heads. Are you looking for a
refill kit? Or a non OEM cartridge? The print heads are in the cartridge
themselves, so buying another brand won't affect anything but the print
color. It would help if you specified what particular cartridge you're
referring to, as the 6540 has four different cartridges depending on what
it's being used for.
You will have difficulty finding the gray and the photo print olor cartridge
anywhere but through HP, and I wouldn't recommend trying to refilll those,
as the colors are not the basic cyan red and yellow. For the black and
tricolor, any will do if you're just doing general printing. Let us know
exactly what ones you're having difficulty finding, and maybe we can give
you some better help. And I do have a 6540. It's a nice little printer. Good
workhorse.

Sue Clark
Bristol, ME

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: