From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:18:11 -0400
On Monday 26 July 2004 11:53 pm, Gene Vickers wrote:
> 1. my system is about 1.5 to 2 yrs old
> 2. i just have to change time, date,
> 3. usually when it has been running for several hours, i use the fan for
> the processor that was requested by AMD, then I have a fan in the front as
> well the back which pulls right off the processor fan.

While CMOS batteries usually last longer than two years, the loss of time and
date settings usually means that your battery is either dead or dying. Since
CMOS batteries are not expensive and it is a simple matter to replace them,
I'd suggest that you give that a try.

Have you noticed that any other BIOS settings require resetting? My experience
is that incorrect BIOS settings either don't allow the system to boot (and
that isn't your problem), or they show up in terms of reduced performance
(which you don't mention) but the system keeps on working (which yours
doesn't).

Regards,
Carroll Grigsby

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: