From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jul 2005 09:58:05 -0500
Andrew writes on july 08/ " Hi, I was having severe problems with my Pc which I had for a very long time,
recently I decided to try and dig it out and try to get it working, I've
formatted the C drive and then re-installed the operating system, which was
Windows 98SE, for some reason the somputer is not detecting the in built modem
and I cannot change the colour depth on the monitor, it will not change from
16bit.  Are these normal issues when re-installing the operating system??..Any
help would be much appreciated."

when you formatted your c drive you lost all the hardware drivers. so now you will have to ascertain the manufacturer/model of your modem and video card or if it is an on board video the details of your mother board manufacturer/model.

then you will have to go to their website and download the appropriate drivers and install them.

however i would expect win 98se to detect your modem and ask for the drivers during boot up but since you say it is not getting detected perhaps there is a connection problem here.

right click my computer/ left click properties/device manager/ and see if your modem is showing up. if so highlight it and left click the driver tab and see if any drivers are installed.

HTH and wish you good luck---Venkat Viswanathan

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml