From:
Heidrun Schröder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 12:01:30 +0200
>from: [log in to unmask]
>I would like to try installing the NETBEUI protocol as it seems it might do
>the trick. (It is available and installed in the two other computers in our
>LAN) but my problem now still is what I mentioned in my first mail -
>when I go to "Network Neighborhood - properties - configuration - add" I
>have no choice to install any protocols but "Microsoft ATM Call Manager"
>and "Microsoft ATM Emulationsclient" which as I came to know from your
>answer are of no use for me. Tried to find something on the Recovery CD
that came with this ME computer but could find nothing. So does anybody
>know about how to get the NETBEUI protocol installed into my system.
>I hope you can help - Heidi Schröder

>>From: Dan Kucherich <[log in to unmask]>
>>See the following link to Microsoft's technet site.  It addresses this
>>exact issue:
>>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q193/6/37.ASP
>>Dan Kucherich

Hi List - Hi Dan!
thanks a lot for being such a great help! Just in case anyone else should
not get this problem solved with the help given on that site I want to tell
it did not work as easy as MS tells. My Medion computer with recovery-
CD somehow did not let me get into the cab-files via Extract.exe... did
not have enough time though to try for longer/different ways, maybe it is
possible after all. But it worked for me when I just copied the files in
question (names given on the MS-support site) from my Win 98 SE
computer and replaced the existing but obviously original corrupt files!
****
Another addition now after finding out I could not get online the way it
was - so I had to get back the original files from my system after
installing the missing protocols - I just did rename them and kept them in
the Inf-folder, so no problem.
thanks again
Heidi Schröder

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: