Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 22:36:00 +1200
I've had this same thing happen frequently, and asked the same question here
over a year ago.

I still haven't had any answers or solved the problem. However, the
duplicate devices have never interfered with the system operation, so I
finally gave up worrying about it.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand

From: "Greg De Guzman" Subject: [PCBUILD] Resource conflicts

> I have a Celeron 1.1Ghz w/ VIA motherboard running on Win98SE. Setup
working
> perfectly until recently when I checked Device Manager and it is showing
> several devices as detected twice and the system trying to install same
> resources for each. Of course only one resource dominates and the
duplicate
> device reports conflicts. The duplicates do however seem to be unactivated
> due to the conflicts and the system does not malfunction so far. Only
thing
> I've added since purchase was a USB modem. Do I just ignore the report or
is
> there a way to fix this?
>
> TIA
>
> Greg De Guzman