From:
John Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 14:27:51 -0400
At 08:45 PM 7/17/1998 Alan Davis  wrote:

>I have access to a  couple of old PC mono adaptors.  They have 64KB of dram
>and a parallel port.  How can I tell if these are "hercules compatible" or
>knockoffs of the older IBM MDA?

Alan:

Try running a diagnostic program (providing you have a
monitor -- like an EGA or a multisync -- which will work
with both cards).  MS Diagnostics or SYSCHK should
return the Video BIOS information.

You can get MS Diagnostics from your Win95 CD in
the  D:\OTHER\MSD  subdirectory.  SYSCHK is available
as shareware at:

  http://www6.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/texis/swlib/hotfiles/info.html?fcode=0000S2

Regards,

John Chin