From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 20:01:34 -0600
Michael;
If you have the pc speaker hooked up,
 you should be able to hear cmos "beeps" when you boot up.
that can help diagnosis the problem. If you are not getting
beeps of some kind, then possibly you have a dead cpu or motherboard.
Try unplugging the ATX power connector to the mobo and resetting the cmos
jumper for 20 sec.
Remember to return it to the default position :-)
I would remove the front connectors for now except the power on and pc
speaker,
just to eliminate the possibility of a wrong connection.
For whatever reason some mobos require the power connector unplugged to
reset the cmos.
A couple of common problems are not having the video card
fully seated in the AGP slot. Also make sure the memory
is in the #1 slot and fully seated, and the cpu in inserted all the way.
I just went thru a hair puller like this, turned out to be a DOA Athlon XP
processor.

<>< Larry Fisk
         Fisk Computers
           Fruitvale, Idaho