From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 19:06:54 -0400
A couple of things come to mind, the first being that the NIC be removed to see if it is the cause.  NICs do cause problems in some systems (what OS). If that makes it work, try installing the NIC in a different slot or moving the LPT card.  I seriously doubt that it's the hard drive. Have you tried printing from several different progams to make sure it isn't just one program that maybe got screwed up the NIC and any attending software for the DSL set up?  Try completely uninstalling the DSL software to see if it works without that, then remove the NIC both in Device manager and physically.  If it's the NIC, then try installing it in a different slot. If none of the above works, get Belkin's F5U002 parallel/USB printer cable and convert your HP to a USB printer.