From:
E B Lund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 14:35:56 -0600
I probably shouldn't be venturing here, but thought I would share some
perspective.

In my ventures on the internet, one suggestion for dealing with a
recalcitrant keyboard is to place it in the dishwasher, and giving it a go.
Often, junk and gunk gets in there, and a vigorous attack can do the trick,
an especially worthwhile effort when the alternative is to trash it.  Since
this appears to be a keyboard actually attached to the laptop,  I would be
reluctant to go there.

However, the point is a good one.  Since not being able to reliably use keys
can often be the turning event on getting a new unit, perhaps a very
aggressive attack of the electronics and contacts under the keys (using
q-tips, solvents [sometimes including water!], etc.) could provide a
satisfactory result.  It would be up to the client just how vigorous you
want to get.

William Closure