From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2006 07:40:04 -0700
  I believe there are "line filters" to be used when phone and DSL service
share a single line.  It sounds like these got removed and not replaced in
the shuffle.  Do you have bits left over, or did your friend perhaps
accidentally walk off with them?  I believe they're cheap to replace and
easy to install.

David Gillett

On 21 Sep 2006 at 4:55, Julie-anne Pearce wrote:

Date sent:      	Thu, 21 Sep 2006 04:55:43 -0400
Send reply to:  	Personal Computer Hardware discussion List
From:           	Julie-anne Pearce <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:        	[PCBUILD] d-link modem problem: crackly phone line, bumped off broadband
To:             	[log in to unmask]

> I have a problem with my modem I think.  I have a D-Link ADSL modem
> and it was all going well but I unplugged things the other day when a
> friend wanted to plug his laptop into my phone connection and things
> have been no good ever since.  First the phone wouldn't work, then I
> couldn't have the phone and broadband at the same time.  Now it seems
> like I can have broadband on at the same time as the phone line is on,
> but I have noticed that if someone calls or I call someone I am bumped
> off the internet, and when the phone is used it starts off being
> crackly when I am on broadband.  About the time the line clears (stops
> being crackly) is about the time broadband stops going.
>
> Help - it is driving me batty.  It is very embarrassing when people call me for work and I try and look at a website they are talking about and I have been bumped off line.
>
> Thanks
> Julie-anne Pearce
>
>             Do you want to signoff PCBUILD or just change to
>                     Digest mode - visit our web site:
>                    http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com