From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:37:55 -0400
HI:

I understand the three items and two connections.  I don't understand is
why another card and not just a usb hub?  Was that you decision and why, or
was it a salesperson's suggestion?

You can purchase a USB 4 port HUB for under $20.00 that is powered (ac) and
you connect it to one of the USB ports of the main board and then you can
put 4 devices into it.  Also it can be moved "up front" so that you have
easy access to it.  If you need to add more devices, you can add more hubs
in a daisy chain fashion for expansion.  I recommend that you use the AC
powered one if you are running devices that get it's power from the USB
port and not an AC outlet.

That way you do not have to put another card into the system, which as you
see can start conflicts.  Remember the "KISS" principle and things usually
work better.

The USB on the mother board can handle, in theory, up to 127 different
devices at one time.
The USB hubs are the devices used to make that expansion possible.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

JOE LORE
MICRO COMPUTER CENTER, INC.
150 NEW BOSTON RD. UNIT F
WOBURN, MA  01801
781-933-5530 x110
781-933-6939 fax
TECH SUPPORT: 1-866-YOUR-MCC / [log in to unmask]
RMA: [log in to unmask]
FTP site: www.members.aol.com/parts4pc

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com