From:
Jamie Furtner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 19:34:44 -0700
At 07:44 PM 1999-12-29 , you wrote:
>I have a HP 720C printer.  It prints fine as long as I am in Windows.
>However, I have a program in DOS that I have to use on occasion and it will
>not print out when in the DOS program.  Any suggestions as to what my problem
>is?  My 600 series HP's have a DOS panel, so they all print in DOS with no
>problems.  This one doesn't have a DOS panel, but overall it is a much better
>printer that the 600 series HP's that I have.  Any help at all would be
>greatly appreciated.
>
>Thank you,
>Susan Hays

While the 7xx series of printers are better then the 600s, they do not function
under DOS alone. They need Windows to operate and print anything from a
DOS based program.

These printers are termed Windows-based, as if you look at the requirements
listed on the box, they state they require Windows (3.1, 9x, NT) to function.

Try printing from your DOS program started from a MS-DOS prompt running under
Windows.

Jamie Furtner
-- Jamie Furtner [log in to unmask]