From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 20:54:06 -0600
Thank you for everyone's advice.  When I posted the question,
I knew that I had used numerous CD drives in the vertical position,
but I was concerned that the drives I had on the self would not
work vertically and did not want to wind up with more CD rom
drives that were not intended for this purpose.

So, today I scoured the local PC parts stores and found AOpen 52X
drives actually stated on the box they fully support vertical mounting.
I grabbed up a few, (at a price that made me choke), and they work
fine in the vertical mount in a rackmount case, adjacent to four
hot-swap trays for SCSI Ultra160 Seagate Cheetah drives and the
floppy drive.

Anyway...  thanks for your comments.  My frustration level was extremely
high Sunday night.  These two servers are done...  that is the important
part and I am sure I can find more of these CD Rom drives in the warehouses
at a better price.   *wink*

       Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

                     visit our download web page at: