From:
BRIs Custom Computers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 00:09:11 -0700
Hi Ed,

Sounds like you might want to try using the "Power Management
Troubleshooting Tool" (pmtshoot) available from Microsoft.

Some links that refer to this tool are:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q185/9/49.ASP (Instructions
for using the tool & a link for downloading it.)

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q188/2/46.ASP (Regarding
error messages about a system not going into standby mode.  This could be a
contributing factor to your system not shutting down.)

In addition, you might check your CMOS to see if your power management
settings are enabled.  If they are not, your CMOS might not allow Windows to
shut down.  The trick is to tell CMOS to enable power management but to turn
off
any auto shut downs like Hard Drive spin down and such so that you can
control everything from Power Management within Windows.  If you don't, your
CMOS settings will over-ride anything within Windows.

Good luck,

Brian Burggraff