From:
Michael DeCesere <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jul 1998 17:43:12 -0700
Hello all,

I have recently begun having problems when starting my system, HP P200MMX,
64MB RAM, 4.3GB Seagate, 5.1GB Maxtor, Win95 & Win NT 4.0.
The problem is when I startup under Win95, I get an error message saying
that the system is unable to read drive k: (zip drive) if this is a network
drive, check the network. I have just recently formatted and reinstalled
Win95 with the HP recovery CD, and then installed my zip drive using the
same install files as several times before, as well as using the latest
install files from Iomega's web site. I have removed the device and
reinstalled with the same results. This is has only happened since
formatting and recovering (I have formatted and recovered several times with
no previous problems).
When I purchased my system I received a recovery CD and a Windows 95
Companion CD. The only way I have been able to install Win95 is with the
recovery CD. There is no setup program on the Windows 95 Companion CD that I
can find. I would really like to install just Win 95 without all of the junk
software that comes with the recovery CD. If anyone knows how I might
acomplish this or get rid of the error message that I get on startup, I
would be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance for any advice/info,
Mike DeCesere