From:
Peter Ramins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 17:10:55 -0500
> >    if the setup default boot sequence is C,A,SCSI is it OK to change
just
> >    that one to A,C,SCSI in order to use a DOS boot floppy?  The machine

    Actually, the default should be A - C - SCSI, not C first.

And as for the rest of your flashing questions, I have to agree with the
majority. Here's how I do it when I need to.

Hit the motherboard mfg's site and downloand the X.bin file (the actual
flash info) and the flash program (in my case, awdflash.exe)

Save them both in a convenient directory off of C:, like C:\BIOS.

Shut down windows, restart in DOS mode. This is the most important part. As
was mentioned, DON'T do this from a dos prompt under windows, do it from a
DOS only boot.

Change to the the directory where you placed the .bin file and the flasher,
type in awdflash xxxxx.bin (where xxxxx.bin is the name of the update file)
and follow directions. When the flasher asks if you want to back up the old
bios, say yes. It takes literally mere seconds, and can't hurt. Then it will
ask if you're ready to proceed with the flashing of the new bios, agree.
Then it will say that it has finished, and that it's time to reboot, hit bla
bla key to continue.

When the system reboots from the flash, enter the bios, customize it the way
you like it, and cha-ching, you're all done.

-Peter Ramins

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html