From:
Mathew Browning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 22:57:48 -0400
-----Original Message-----

>I have a new double Pentium II 333, with scsi Adaptec 7850 onboard,Matrox
>Millenium II and scsi Hard drive.
>Adaptec Uses IRQ 10 and 11, and Matrox uses IRQ 11. If i boot from Win95,
>allk works perfectly but if i boot from Linux i can4t start in graphic mode
>because adaptec and matrox uses the same IRQ ( 11 ), i Have tried to
disable
>"Assign IRQ to VGA" In the BIOS but it was no good. Any ideias how can work
>around this problem. Thanks.

Carlos, is your Matrox Mill-2 PCI or AGP???
You can try to disable PNP support in CMOS and assign the IRQ's to the PCI
slots manually.
I disabled my Secondary IDE controller (Don't Use It) and use those
resourceses for a 2nd SCSI controller, they once shared those resourceses in
Win95.

I use RH5 Linux and don't want conflicts there.
I have a Matrox Mill-2 PCI on IRQ 11, I have never tried to change it from
*11* , but I'll try it and let you know.
If your Video Card is AGP I'm not sure you can do this, check it out.

M. Bradley Browning
http://personal.mia.bellsouth.net/~mathewbr/