From:
John Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Mar 1998 01:48:17 -0500
At 10:55 PM 3/13/1998 Harold E. Schumacher, Jr. wrote:

>        Missing operating system
>
>Next thing I notice is---Drive A is 5.25", Drive B is 3.5"
>
>OK---I'll go into CMOS and rearrange boot sequence.  Guess what!
>It's passworded!  Owner doesn't know password!  UGHH!!

Harold:

If the floppy drives are configured right, get yourself
a 5.25" floppy with the boot files for the OS on
the hard drive. Then reboot and try using the SYS
command to transfer the system files. That may be
all you need to do.

-- OTHERWISE --

You can get a program called KILLCMOS which will
wipe out the CMOS data, including the password
protection (search on the term on Yahoo or your engine;
or email me privately for it). You need that 5.25" boot
floppy.

But first, get the Hard Drive parameters written down.
You can use the utility called IDEID, from MicroHouse:

http://www.solutions.microhouse.com/support/files/misc.htm

to give you this info.

-- OR --

You power off, open the case, find the Clear CMOS jumper
and set it to clear. This jumper block is normally 2-pins or
4-pins. Look in your manual, or go around shorting all the
jumpers (ugh).  Or, disconnect the battery for a few hours.
Re-cable the floppies.

-- THEN --

Reboot, go into CMOS and configure everything and save.
Reboot with your 3.5" boot floppy and SYS your hard drive.

Regards,

John Chin