From:
Chris Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 10:49:23 -0500

I'm familiar with the setup only because I own an 8400. Although there are
probably forums that might be able to help (I wasn't able to find anything
in particular regarding your situation) I have book marked in my browser a
great site for new/overstocked/refurbished/discontinued Dell products. I
imagine that the site is more or less a clearing house for all the parts
Dell (and a few other manufacturers) cannot sell using regular means. I
don't know if where you bought the case has a return policy, but Dell
components in particular are rather proprietary (as you are finding out) and
trying to swap components with widely available retail items is difficult.
This would include power supplies, motherboards, cases and most of their
add-in cards. Although I like my Dell, I envision that down the road I will
have to replace a component with one specifically manufactured for a Dell
system, hence my 'book marking' this site. Sorry I can't point out an
immediate solution to the wiring dilemma. Here is the site if you are
interested. Check out server and chassis. The mobo might go right into an
8400 case without any modification on your part.

http://www.centrix-intl.com

Chris Ryan
E-Mail:

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads