From:
Steven Walley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 23:14:44 -0700
Terrence,

The first method I would choose is go onto
their web site and look up the model number of
your compter for the information. You didn't say
what the exact model number was.

Another method is look at screen when the BIOS is
first booting up. Many boot up screens will ID as to
whether the memory used is Fast Page or EDO. You could
then use the same type memory (but a larger size, 8 or 16 MB
each SIMM) for a replacement.

As a rule, non parity memory should work, unless the
computer uses a 486 CPU. They usually prefer parity
memory. Some (but not most) computers will use either
type of memory.

----         Terrence Nolley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I need to upgrade memory on an Aspire PC.  Currently it has 16
> MB of
> RAM installed.  Looking at the SIMM slots it appears to be (4) 4MB
> 72
> pin chips.  My question is, how do I determine what size memory chips
> can I used to replace and increase the amount of memory in this
> machine.  Thanks in advance.
>
> >                           http://freepctech.com

To get your own FREE ZDNet Onebox - FREE voicemail, email, and fax,
all in one place - sign up today at http://www.zdnetonebox.com