Date:
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 19:53:25 -0700
> I currently have a IBM 8.4 Deskstar as master maxtor 6.4 as slave on EIDE
> channel#1.
> the CD-ROM is alone on channel#2.
>
> get the same bad results.  In other words, either one will work fine by
> itself, but not the two together.

I don't think that you will like my answer...but sometimes, no matter how
much playing around, you just can't get drives from different manufacturers
to slave properly.

My temptation would be to put one as the primary on the secondary channel,
and slave the CD...kind of a pain, but maybe the only way to get it sorted.

I've spent many hours with wonderful settings like that (particularly
Maxtor's + anything else) and never had any luck...I have had a lot of luck
doing the same things with Quantum's, but that's another story!

Good Luck!

Justin Twyford

Dawn - Roses & Chains
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Studios/5566