From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 06:51:01 -0800
Jose,

This may sound silly and obvious, but it happened to me when I built the
last 2 PC's for my brother-in-law. The power supplies came by default with
the AC mains voltage select jumper in the 230V position. With a minimum
load, it would power on and sort of work. As soon as I added the HD, it
drew too much power for the supply to compensate. It took me about 10
minutes to realize this and set the jumper to the 115V position. It was
fine after that. So check the voltage select jumper if you haven't already.

Russ Poffenberger

At 05:46 PM 1/18/2005, you wrote:
>thanks for the info. But something strange happened last night. Just after
>i had posted the problem I decided to give another try and when i did the
>pc powered up perfectly. After doing a little maintence with the os i
>decided to give the psu a test and had shut the pc down for more then
>fifty times each being a different way of startup.
>
>Anyway the next day I had disconnected the pc and was preparing it to be
>taken back to its owner later that day and when the time came i took it to
>him and was embaressed when i told him to plug it in to try it out (i
>thought that the psu problem had surely been fixed) and it wouldn't turn
>on! it did the same has before the LED would flash and thats it.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com