From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 12:36:08 -0600
There are several problems that you may or may not have to deal with.

First, if your pc will boot from the 95 cd, then you should FDISK your
hard drive, reformat, and install 95.  If not, then you can download a
bootable 95 floppy from the download section of freepctech.

Second, when the hard drive was upgraded to 98, it is possible that
the file system was upgraded to FAT32.  I do not know whether or
not you can FDISK a FAT32 drive using the 95 FDISK, but I think
that you can.  If not, then use the 95B download, which, if I remember
correctly, supports the FAT32 system.  (I suspect that you have a 32
system, which may well be the source of your problem.)     Then,
you can try to FDISK  the drive with it.  Now the question is, can
you format with FAT16 using an older 95 boot disk, or must you use the
newer 95B to format?  Then, if you do use FAT32, will the 95 system
load from your cd?  I am not sure.  You may have some experimenting to do.

I think that some years back I upgraded 95 to 95A, was not happy,
and went back to 95, but I had to work at it.  You have the advantage
of the freepctech boot disks to help.

I know that this is not the exact word, but I saw that nobody else
answered, so I am doing my best.  If there is an egregious error
here, maybe someone can correct it.  Good luck.

Dean Kukral    [log in to unmask]