From:
Steve Brumbaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:26:56 -0700
Hi,

I'm adding another computer to my home network and I'm having problems that
Win XP troubleshooting doesn't seem to solve.

I'm using a wireless network system (Airlink+) that already works
successfully with the other 2 computers.  I've run the XP network wizard on
all the network computers.  The new computer has access to the internet just
fine, but it doesn't recognize the original network computers in Window
Explorer.  The originals don't find the new one either.

I've run the XP troubleshooters and got to the point where I'm pinging the
other computers on the network.  All of them have IP addresses.  When I ping
the others from the new computer, I get responses.  When I ping the new
computer from the other computers, I just get timed out - no response.  I
figure this is the problem, but what can I do about it?  Why is the pinging
only one way?

Any help?

Steve

                     visit our download web page at: