From:
Frank B Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 1998 14:07:20 -0700
I would boot from floppy, try and save whatever files are essential (take
some time with this: address lists for e-mail, cookies from the browsers,
your internet connection dns settings, etc ), and then try to fomat the
disk....  if it won't take a format, then try to fdisk the thing, and see if
that will work... if that fails then you have a nice paperweight for your
desk.  but before anything... check your cables...  I've had drive's act up
when their cables got loose (power down and ground yourself before touching
anything inside the box)

Frank B Smith