Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 19:38:07 +1300
Thanks to all who commented on my problem with a suddenly unrecognised hard drive.

Many of you seemed to think that variations of FDisk switches or similar applications might do the trick, but I can't see how one can apply ANY treatment to a drive that isn't being seen by the computer in the BIOS or in DOS.

However, I might try Mark's suggestion and try it with a different ribbon on another IDE port with different jumper combinations.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand