From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:00:30 -0400
Hi,

Careful though, not all hard drives still have 3 yr warranty.  In
October 02 the manufactor's played games.  In wd only the ones with 8m
cache have 3yrs.  I believe samsung still has 3 yrs.
Others are gone to one yr.

I agree - the DIY boxes are more convienient and cheaper.  You can
change what is in side in minutes.  Much more flexibilty

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore
-------------

There is a better way to achieve what you want without paying the over
priced external hard drives.

The solution is easy, just buy an external hard drive case, they are
priced at reasonable level, and provide both USB2 and Firewire
interface.  All you need to do, is to buy a normal hard drive from your
trusted brand, and put it into the case.  that way, you have freedom to
have the hard drive you want (size, speed, brand) and freedom to use
either USB or Firewire interface.  You also have longer warranty (3
years on hard drive), and less on cost.

At this moment, I don't see any reason why anyone would buy a pre-made
external drive, since the DIY kit is cheaper, better, and easy enough to
put together (only one way to fit for everything, you just can't go
wrong) for any normal user.

Jun Qian

                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>