From:
Jun Qian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 22:45:08 +1000
I believe the problem is called "ghost affect", it usually caused by bad
cable/switch box, or if you are using long vga cable, make sure to use
"high
resolution" cable and the conncetors are good. The other issue is the
location, is there any reason that  the location is unsuitable for
monitor
(I've seen this problem in some offices), can you move the monitor
around see
if any better?

Do you have same problem with ATI card?

J Qian

Earl Truss wrote:

> I've just replaced an ATI Xpert 98 video card with a Creative Banshee.
> Graphics displays appear fine but when displaying text, especially black
> lettering on a white background, I can see ghosts of the letters to the
> right of each letter and the text appears blurred and hard to focus on.
> I've upgraded to the latest drivers, but not latest BIOS.  I've played
> around with cables, other equipment in the area and monitor settings and
> nothing seems to have an effect.  What kinds of things should I check for
> or could this just be a defective card?

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>