From:
"John F. Beaulieu" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 18:58:22 -0400
I know this is obvious, but make sure you don't have the mute activated.

A couple of months back I went crazy for awhile trying to figure out what
was wrong with the sound (as I had none)  - I ran tests, changed cables and
then discovered that I had must have hit the mute button on my keyboard. The
sound was then miraculously restored.

John