From:
Nicolas Cure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 22:55:04 -0400
I have an Award BIOS dated 12/19/95 and I bought a 6.4 GB HDD from
Western Digital. The BIOS doesn't recognize the drive correctly and so
when I installed the drive with the included utility it installed a BIOS
so that the computer would use the drive correctly. The problem is that
with this software I can't use Partition Magic on that drive because it
gives me an error #116 which says that "partition tables begin and start
inconsistent". I guess I need an upgraded BIOS so that I won't have to
use the utility that came with the HDD and that way I will use DOS's
fdisk and format commands. The question is where and how can I get the
BIOS upgrade.

I would appreciate any help.

TIA
Nicolas Cure