From:
Douglas Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 17:33:29 -0500
At 2/8/2003 11:16 PM, markmara wrote:

I am trying to install Windows 95 on a new hard drive. I
used a PC Tech Windows 98 boot disk to set it up.
Everything went as expected until I inserted the Windows
95 disk and typed in setup.

The drive was partitioned using FDISK and the c drive was
formatted (format c:/s) to place the system files on the
drive.

Did you format with a Windows 98 disk and therefore put
windows 98 system files on the hard drive?  Windows 95
might have a problem with that.  Also if you formatted
with Win 98 and FAT32, you also will have problems as was
mentioned in an earlier post, since Win 95 doesn't support
FAT 32.

Doug

Then markmara wrote:

The CD-ROM was loaded using the Win 98 disk.
I tried installing Win 95 from the CD-ROM and got the
results mentioned above.
I also loaded Win 95 CAB files on C drive and tried
installing from there, but I got the same results.

The new hard drive is mounted on a computer with a Romtec
hard drive switch. There are two other hard drives on this
computer and they work fine. One of them is identical to
the new one (Western Digital, 80GB, EIDE, 8MB Cache).
My system is a Pentium 4, 2.0GHz, 512MB.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com