Date:
Sun, 30 Oct 2005 09:17:46 -0800
Hi Vern,

Sorry to say it does happen to the rest of us also. Unfortunately, the error
message is often not of much help in solving the problem. Have you done
anything with your computer recently like installing new hardware or
software? I found that video drivers can cause such serious trouble. It may
also be that your hard drive is starting to fail, the ribbon cable on the
hard drive has a bad connection (intermittent), or the IDE controller is
starting to fail.

Hope this gives you a start towards finding the source of your problem.
Others on the list are likely to give you some more suggestions as well.

Good luck.

Peter